FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DE to JP: Haneda or Narita?
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:27 pm
BRITINJAPAN3

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by WorldLux
With excludes LX and the other LH group airlines. Flying into NRT is fine. Flying into HND is simply a little more comfy.

NRT isn't that far away from Tokyo. The NEX takes slightly over 50 minutes to get to Shin-Tokyo, whereas the Skyliner gets you to Shin-Tokyo (via the JR metro) in roughly 45 minutes. That said, both services are compared to the services to HND rather expensive (though prices can compare rather well to other cities with similar cost of living).

The Keikyu Airport line from Tokyo (Ginza, Asakusa) is probably 3x or 4x less expensive. I haven't yet taken the Monorail, because it's usually the least practical journey (2x transfers instead of 1x) from the hotels I've stayed at.

I would definitely factor in flight times. If flight times to NRT are considerably better then the ones to HND, I would take NRT rather than HND. Usually I end up with a mix: IIRC OS arrives very early in the morning at NRT, whereas LH leaves relatively late in the day. Mixing both, gets you more time in Tokyo (or Japan).

There is no Shin Tokyo, NEX goes to Tokyo, Shinagawa Shinjuku Ikebukuro, Skyliner goes to Ueno