FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thai Airways International Seat Configuration Overview
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:36 pm
BinSabai

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Great_circle
Hi everyone,
Haven't flown Thai Airways for a good 3 years and have a domestic flight BKK-HKT-BKK in two weeks, outbound on a 777 and inbound on a 747 a week later. What surprised me was that I could bouk economy on the outbound and Royal Silk on the inbound (I think this was not possible at TG to combine last time I flew with them, but then again... 3 years ago).
Furthermore, I could select seats on the outbound, which I remember was only possible during online check-in, at least for domestic flights.
However, unfortunately no seat selection available for the inbound.

1) Does anyone know when seat selection for the inbound would become available?
2) And what 747 configuration does TG operate between HKT and BKK at this moment?

The reason I ask is that they used to make the 1st class cabin available for Royal Silk passengers so it would be nice to be able to grab a seat in 1st.
Many thanks..
are you flying Outbound on TG926? this flight continues from BKK to FRA and that would explain why you can do seat Reservation on the domestic leg HKT BKK
otherwise no seat Reservation in advance on any domestic flight even in J or with Platinum

seat Reservation is possible from 24 hours before flight

747 to HKT can be F with suites or F with single seats (it really does not matter on such short flight); they open it for J passenger according to Status. So Platinum usually brings you into F seats, but expect that some TIP`s get priority over *G and even TG G