FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2017)
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:42 pm
ed765

Originally Posted by bodiddely
I got 3x points on my January Citi AT&T statement for my January mortgage payment to PNC via Plastiq. However, my escrow amount is going up slightly in February, and I have payments scheduled out through 2019 at the 1.75% promo rate. I previously got them to switch the card used for this payment series, but I chatted yesterday and they said no dice for changing the payment amount. Super annoying as I'm sure many/most people's mortgages change every year or so as the taxes, insurance rates etc fluctuate for the escrow portion.

Anyone have luck getting them to make such a change? The chat agent suggested setting up a 2nd payment series for the differential amount (it's like $80/month more), but I'm not sure if PNC would accept two partial payments. Anyone have experience with this?
I have the same issue (the amount for excrow changed), and got the same answer from them, but without the suggestion for two payments.

Cenlar (who now services my mortgage) has made it clear they will not accept two partial payments (and returned them when I tried to pay partially with a CITI check and partially from Plastiq.

I will try two payments. Some months ago I sent in two payments for the same date. Cenlar's records showed one payment for the required amount.

The Plastiq representative claimed they do not combine payments to the same firm on the same day, but the only way I can explain what happened is that either the Plastiq software combined them, or Cenlar's did.

Hopefully, if there is a problem I will learn of it in time to make a direct payment for the total from my bank.