FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time flying through HKIA--checkout the city or checkout the lounges?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:23 pm
ArrVea

Programs: AA EXP
First time flying through HKIA--checkout the city or checkout the lounges?

Hello,

This Sat 1/21/17 will be my first time flying through HK (LAX-HKG-MNL). I'll also have access to the Wing and Pier First Class lounges (as OWE)--and it will probably be the last year I'll have access to it.

I have a 7 hour layover--do you recommend I just stay in the airport and check out the different lounges? Or will that be too much time at the airport? Would I be able to see the city for a little bit, maybe see the harbor, and then have enough time to get to the airport and still enjoy the lounges.

In particular, I've heard about the Cabanas--but I also read that there can be a wait time since there are only 5.

My scheduled arrival is 8am on Sat 1/21 and the scheduled departure is around 3pm. I'll be arriving on business class seat on American Airlines but will be flying economy to Manila on Cathay.

Do they offer/sell upgrades at the lounges for One World Emerald? How is immigration leaving the airport? Busy? long lines? How about security to come back? Would I be better off seeing all that HKIA has to offer? Any and all advice would be appreciated.