FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:04 am
bobert24

Originally Posted by DnvTrvlr
1. Rearranged credit limits - took 10K from an existing card to put on the new AA Plat. Plus 5K new credit granted by Citi.

2. 2nd (instant) approval was for 19K.

3. Looking at my accounts I actually reduced limits by 19K not 15K as I said initially - 9K from one existing card, 5K from another, and 5K from my newest AA Plat card. The new AA Plat was the only one that had a statement cycle between limit reductions and my second AA Plat app.
Perfect. Thank you for the info. This would seem to indicate that perhaps Citi has gotten faster at recycling CLs when you reduce them. And it doesn't look like it waits on your statement date, either.

We've got people churning through multiple cards in a short period for the first time in quite a while, so we'll have a new opportunity to collect this kind of information. Anybody else who reduces CLs and then applies for a new card, please give us some data points on how long you waited between doing the two, and whether it appears that that CL was available when were approved for your new card.