FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta forcing higher fares!?
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:08 am
ryan754

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Delta forcing higher fares!?

I am booking a trip out of Colombia.. I've checked all the rules, and fares, and found certain V fares which I prefer.. Yet Delta.com will absolutely not allow them to be booked.. Also over the phone the agent can't book it even though she sees the lower fare category.. The fare comes up on google flights, and matrix, but delta won't allow it... After hours and several calls I managed to get them to force a certain itinerary.. Again, when I try and book it online with multi city it is not possible..

Example
CTG-LAX is not available in V class this Thursday, yet a several hour overnight in ATL has it. Can't get it on DL.com They try to force you on different flights in a higher category.. You have to know the flights from matrix/EF, and call and manually enter them (We are talking something as simple as CTG-ATL-LAX) It really seems that Delta is trying their best to take every dollar they can from PAX, even if they cover up the lower fares, and make people book higher fares..
As much as I like Delta for a US carrier... Their ripping off customer through cash and miles is disgusting.. I have no problem getting the same fares through AA at all..