FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forums for airports UPDATE 24 Feb: Destination forums now show major airports
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:48 am
dj_jay_smith

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Forums for airports UPDATE 24 Feb: Destination forums now show major airports

I don't know if this has been suggested before, I didn't find it in the search, but why not create forums for airports in order to consolidate knowledge?

At the moment if people want information about an specific airport they will often ask in a forum associated with a major airline that operates there. This is often the case even when the subject does not involve that airline.

This means that information that could be useful to many travellers is scattered around. Sometimes in a specific airline forum, sometimes in a country specific forum. Often in both or multiple places.

It then leads to the question "where should I post my request?". For example, if I want information about connecting from Qatar to British Airways in Frankfurt should I post in the BA forum, the Qatar forum, or the Germany forum? The best might actually be the Lufthansa forum as they are more likely to have most experts about transferring in Frankfurt than others, but this would be considered out of place as it does not involve Lufthansa.

I believe that it would be useful to have a single forum for such discussions about specific airports.

A consolidate grouping by continent/country could be done to start with for most airports while the airports which generate more questions could have their own dedicated forums.

I believe that this could be of great value for flyertalk members. Both to gather and share knowledge.