FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:49 am
Secretsquirrel.return

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Thanks for posting this as it's a question I posed way back in the thread.

But i don't understand - if you have a plane with 160 pax onboard, you end up with 4 cabin crew.

That means either work one bar in the back and have two crew up front, or work two bars in the back and leave CE passengers to whistle.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Tony
Hi Tony

The loading of crew is based on a number of factors. Aircraft type, then CE load.

For example 160 as you mentioned on a A320 will only ever have 4 cc as long as the CE load is below 16 . There is where we have a issue, with a light CE load the 4th cc should go to the rear to help but as I mentioned above they will be ineffective on a double trolley. The one cc would stay in CE to do that service there should never be a cabin or galley unattended during a flight for an extended time. We have found with 4 crew no matter what the load on a fight with CE it's best if 2 cc work one bar with both POS and leave the rest of the crew to bring supplies as needed and take care of CE and the cabin duties.

Different crew on different days will do many different things as this is been dumped on on to make it work by the company. I hope that answers your question.

Safe flying

::::::::::::::::::::::::
My username is not original I have used in memory of poster somewhere else who was a true hero to many at BA .
:::::::::::::::::::::::
The information posted here are my views and opinion . They do not reflect the official view or opinion or any other individual or company.
:::::::::::::::::::::::

Last edited by Secretsquirrel.return; Jan 17, 2017 at 2:04 pm