FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:08 am
Secretsquirrel.return

Originally Posted by CloudGazer
Secretsquirrel.return a huge thank you for the detailed post and condolences to you for being stuck between some poor management decisions/implementation and the customer.

I'm particularly interested by this bit. Could you explain a little bit more. Is all of the uneaten food disposed of even if still within best-before? Just hot? Just after the return leg of a journey?

I despise food waste and am keen to learn more.

Thanks!
That is correct, all food we have ever served on BA is disposed of. E.g. The basket service for instance if we open the bulk packaging on the biscuits or any snack they were not repackaged for another flight. Any food product that went back to DHL was disposed of.

Now as for M&S product I can not say 100% but most of the fresh food has a very short shelf life and we have very strict handling guidelines in regard to chilling and storage. To maintain that onice food returns to DHL from the SH operation would be a nightmare. But I will find out this information for you .

Safe flying

edit : the M&S snacks and dry product is re used

::::::::::::::::::::::::
My username is not original I have used in memory of poster somewhere else who was a true hero to many at BA .
:::::::::::::::::::::::
The information posted here are my views and opinion . They do not reflect the official view or opinion or any other individual or company.
:::::::::::::::::::::::

Last edited by Secretsquirrel.return; Jan 17, 2017 at 2:06 pm