FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:53 am
Secretsquirrel.return

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Hopefully someone will correct me if I've got this wrong, but Tourvest is the main contractor here, not M&S. BA have an agreement with M&S to supply their food products to BA, but the overall logistics, point of sale, accountancy, stock management, is part of an agreement between BA and Tourvest. Tourvest also have the supply agreement for the drinks, hot and cold, alcohol or not, plus the tax free / Highlife Shop logistics (etc). Tourvest handle all the payment issues, presumably take their cut, and then pass the rest of the cash to BA, so that BA's involvement here is quite small in theory (the clever bit mentioned above). From a passenger perspective this should be invisible, so it's just FT uber-detail, and clearly BA must overall take responsibility for the customer experience.

If I've got that right, then Tourvest is probably in the frame, not least to get the Tourvest POS to work.

Just to complicate matters, it's another company, DHL, that is responsible for getting the products to the LHR aircraft, from a delivery perspective. So if there is no food / drink on board the finger then points to DHL.

There's a bit more about this in the Information thread.
Correct information , and to add issues they are no making a loss on IFR (in flight retail ) as there is no time to offer that service on most flights. Adding to customer disappointment.

As for the comments in regard to long haul by some posters, please wait and see. BA are in the process of a pay deal agreement with EF/LH (eurofleet/long haul ) this is going to impact the CW (club world) service routine as part of a productivity deal linked to the pay deal . We have already seen the erosion of LH service and product. There will be more to follow, but that's another thread and discussion.

Safe flying

::::::::::::::::::::::::
My username is not original I have used in memory of poster somewhere else who was a true hero to many at BA .
:::::::::::::::::::::::
The information posted here are my views and opinion . They do not reflect the official view or opinion or any other individual or company.
:::::::::::::::::::::::

Last edited by Secretsquirrel.return; Jan 17, 2017 at 2:05 pm