FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN or Signature) [2017>]
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:51 pm
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Since I last went to O'Reilly Auto Parts they swapped out their iPP series terminals with iSC250s and enabled EMV on them. The green light for contactless occasionally flashed on the upper left while the cashier was scanning my items but did not turn on when it was time to pay (screen only said "insert/swipe card").

The interesting thing is that they apparently implemented Quick Chip but not exactly how that one store in the Bay Area did it. The terminal didn't let me insert until the entire transaction was totaled (though this may be because I didn't buy much this time around), but did let me remove my card almost immediately after PIN entry. Authorization took quite a while to complete. The transaction log for my card also doesn't show today's transaction, unlike the Bay Area store I went to. Receipt:

(The 02 in the TVR corresponds to one of the RFU bits in the EMV specification, so I'm not sure what's up there.)