FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Hotels for 2 Adults + 2 Children (1 + 3 yrs. old)
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:16 am
David-A

Programs: MUCCI
Hello, welcome to FlyerTalk.

What is the problem you are hitting?
- If it is text saying max '3 person occupancy per room' or some such, then if the room can also offer a crib ('cot' in British english) then I would expect that to 'plus 1' to the capacity. (although some 3 person rooms may not have space).

What bed combinations do you want?

When you say: "(Our oldest sleeps in our bed and the youngest sleeps in a travel crib that we'll be bringing.)" - is that what you WANT? - or is that what you are envisioning under the dishonesty approach.

I've seen many rooms listed in various hotels that have stated - usually due to the nature of the beds - e.g.max 3 adults, or 2 adults, + 2 children under X.
Family rooms (without huge premium) will be more common in the mid market and cheaper end of the spectrum. Also in newer builds, and where there is space - outskirts of places. Triple rooms do exist in some properties (which could be double + single, or 3 singles), but 'family rooms' will often be fold-out/roll out beds - sofa beds, etc. (hence sometimes limited the ages of children, due to different ways they can convert).

Finally what do you mean by 'highly rated' hotel, do you just mean 'reliable'? Or are you conveying anything about the price point in the market? Or nature of services at the hotel?

Where in London do you want - or rather, where are you willing to be? How far out are you willing to go? Family rooms, and larger rooms will generally push you further out, but this is not a problem. London has a good transport network.

(We have a UK&Ireland sub forum where I'm sure this post will be moved shortly).

Last edited by David-A; Jan 15, 2017 at 4:24 am