FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Etihad honouring chauffeur service on AA awards before change?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:32 am
mitpat474

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
You could have a point, but the argument (and anger) should be directed at AA, not EY (IMO). These contracts between partner carriers, what they pay, what they receive, etc are probably longer then War & Peace. I would bet it's a lot more complicated then EY just saying "no more". I would bet it's closer to something like it was time for their existing contract to be re negotiated, & EY realized free chauffeur drive on FF tkts is a money loser & either told AA, no more or upped the price if they wanted to keep it. Obviously AA ain't paying more & I agree it should not be part of a FF TKT (I'm shocked how liberal EK is with their partners). My guess is AA just waited longer then they should have before notifying passengers of the change.

** this is just my opinion of what could have been the cause. I have no real proof to back this up but I am almost positive it came down to the simple fact that EY didn't want to offer this on free/ff tickets & it was not something they could just pull out of with no notice.........AA knew this was coming but "chose" to give little notice. The anger belongs directed at AA & not even over the fact it's not offered any more, but the fact they wsitited so long to tell their
Thats fine, but some of who booked Pre-August are being exempt from this - and thats EY