FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LondonHouse Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-IL}
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:40 am
SPBanker
Ambassador: Finnair Plus

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Very good service

Check In Took a cab from ORD, bell boy helped to get me (and my bags) to the lobby on the second floor, and check-in was friendly enough. No upgrade, but I think the hotel was pretty close to maximum capacity (lots of going on). I received two bottles of water, and was thanked for being a loyal Diamond member. Three breakfast chits, and I was explained the ins and outs of breakfast (either continental breakfast or $18 towards anything on the breakfast menu). Fair enough. (One morning the waiter just took the chit and thanked me, two other mornings I had to sign a check.) Room I had a booked a suite with one bedroom long before the opening, as I needed it for interviews (and the rate was amazingly cheap last May). Views were not towards the river, but otherwise very nice room.Bed was comfortable, and there were enough sockets on both sides.Living room was a bit dark, but sofa was comfortable. Good-sized bathroom, but toilet was in the same place, so perhaps not ideal if there are several people in the same room. I liked the Malin+Goetz toiletries. Service I found the staff to be very friendly and quite efficient in all my transactions with them. This applies both the breakfast and lobby bar. Most of them were quite young. Dining I had continental breakfast on all three mornings. Cereals, fruits, yogurt, toast, muffins, coffee, juice... It was more than enough for me. The restaurant on 21st floor doesn't really have any views, but fireplace looked nice on very cold January mornings... I had a glass of wine one night in the lobby bar on the second floor. Views of the river etc. are really quite nice from there. Location Location can't really be beat. It was very convenient for my purposes this time, but I can't imagine a tourist trip where this location wouldn't work.Rooftop bar was of course closed in January, but one can actually access the terrace from the restaurant on 21st floor. The views are great. Gym Gym was pretty small, several treadmills etc. and some free weights, plus stretching area. It was enough for me, but some people might not like the lack of equipment. Overall I really enjoyed my stay quite a bit. Location is really exceptional, anything tourist-y (and many things not tourist-y) very easily accessible. Staff were friendly (and mostly young).Continental breakfast could be a bit more varied (cheese, cold cuts etc.), but I managed to fill my stomach each morning. And I liked the coffee!I can understand why the rooftop bar is so popular during warmer months. But hey, when I was there taking pictures in January... I had the whole place to myself!