FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Sake Fare' Meet-Up Thread: AMS/BRU-DOH-TYO
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:33 am
WorldLux

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Welcome KARFA - have a cup of, well, Sake, I suppose
KANPAI!

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Think this fare has had immense take-up.

[snip]

Fairly sure this was a genuine sale and they sold out. They appear to have opened up additional R inventory. That said, AMS-HND via DOH is not exactly the most direct route...
The inventory was gone very quickly. When I checked first, I had pretty much total flexibility. By the time, I agreed with two of my co-passengers on the dates, the return from HND to BRU was gone and we are sticking to the 77L on NRT-HND.

For the 1,300€ (as advertised Monday at the start of the Festival), I wouldn't have booked it (and probably headed West). The 5 to 6 hours layovers in Bruxelles make the journey ~5 hours longer than the quickest route from my "base in Europe.

That said, I would've spend 780€ on Eco tickets for that connection. Bizz would've been 2,300€ (or 1,900€ with 20 hours layover in Italy). So a total of 10 hours more in traveling, but 500€ (if I had booked Y) to 5,000€ more in the pocket and hopefully still a more comfy arrival than flying 15h in a packed Y: