FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another (sorry) "Where do I stay in Venice?" thread
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:41 am
FormerLurker

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond
Wow!

I have to admit, Perche, when your initial response was so short I was worried that I wasn't going to hear from you again. I shouldn't have worried! Thank you so much for such an insightful and helpful message.

Here's my takeaway from my research coupled with your thoughts. I've eliminated the VoV/Dorsoduro options from the list. In the back of my mind I recalled from prior visits the challenges of getting across the Canale Grande if I happened to be somewhere there wasn't a bridge, but your post reinforced that.

For the Bisanzio, there are both a superior room with a terrace and an apartment available for my dates. The superior room is about E350 more than the apartment for what appears to be less space, but the thought of a terrace is enticing. The room also looks a bit more "plush" than the apartment. If you've been in one of their terrace rooms, do you have any particular thoughts about that vs an apartment?

I'm also keeping Giorgione on the list temporarily while I look around other Castello options. Your comments about being too close to the Strada Nova are well-taken, and I know what you said about the pictures on their web site, but their junior suite with balcony, assuming the photos are even close to accurate, is less expensive than Bisanzio with what appears to be a bigger/better-appointed room.

Anyway, I will continue my investigations... thank you again for such a detailed and helpful post, and if you have anything else that might be helpful following my comments here, I will remain grateful!

(Edited to add: it also appears that a superior room at the Residence Corte Grimani is available for our dates and at roughly the same price point. Seems to be fairly centrally located, but perhaps too much so...?)

Last edited by FormerLurker; Jan 12, 2017 at 7:55 am Reason: Corte Grimani info