FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:21 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lyst
If I understand this right, I can only apply for 1 citi hilton card every 24 months, after opening or closing any citi hilton card. So if I choose the hilton reserve card, I'd have to close that and wait 24 months to get the regular citi hilton?
Unless the no-24-month-language link for the regular Citi Hilton survives past you getting the Reserve. In that case, no close or wait needed (other than normal Citi 8/65 day waits), just using the correct link is needed.

In fact, no close needed at all. The other option (if ignoring no-language links) is to keep the Reserve open indefinitely (keeping HH Gold status from it), then apply for the regular Citi Hilton every two years (closing the previous one as soon as you're approve for the next one).

But why do you want to get the Reserve? Is it for the free weekend night certs, or the Gold status? The Gold status you can also get from the Amex Surpass (for a slightly lower annual fee), and that's from another bank, so wouldn't upset your Citi clock.