FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling to Havana with Global Entry
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:43 am
VidaNaPraia

Originally Posted by gtolj2
I quoted the question I was answering in my post (i.e. whether it is worth it to get GE).

Since I'm the OP of this thread, I think I'm qualified to respond to your second statement. Judging by the other posts, it seems that there is no noticeable difference between entering the US from Cuba and from all other countries when using GE. If that is the case, then I would like to reiterate that I highly recommend getting GE if you value your time and sanity.
Thanks for your perspective. (Sorry I forgot you were the OP.)
As I mentioned, I walked off the Cuba flight in Miami, went straight to a machine and from there directly to an official with the receipt, and out, with my time as minimal as possible and my sanity intact. (Nothing in comparison with the long line in the hot sun to get into the famous Coppelia ice cream shop in Havana. LOL) So GE may not be a necessity solely for a Cuba trip. That's been my experience at other airports too, on other flights, but I'm not a weekly or monthly international traveler. And I'm more of a budget traveler than some here.
YMMV of course.