FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - R space oddity / 2017 IKK devaluation?
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:01 am
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I have been purchasing Y IKK. Don't you remember the technical difficulty that allowed some people to buy J FPs at 10%? If any flights were booked on that pass, prior to AC correcting it, they honored the flight. Some people received an extra bonus in their Altitude packages in 2016 because of a technical difficulty. Just sayin' I think that AC's statements are more accurate than the ones you are currently making.
I remember that if you hadn't actually booked trips they didn't honour the FP. (And most people here were fine with that.) And the error lasted less than 24 hrs. And that only 2 or 3 people here ever claimed to have flights booked. And that you couldn't change those flights once booked (unlike a regular J FP).

But then again, AC's statement on IKK is that availability may be reduced "on certain routes and certain dates". Which, if you are located in YYC, means the vast majority or routes and the vast majority of dates that are overseas. I know that it would be crazy for them to actually be clear, specific, and complete, wouldn't it? So again, you say potatoe, I say potatoh. If AC didn't consistently fudge, and didn't consistently have poor communication (see innumerable threads here) then perhaps it would be reasonable to cut them some slack and treat this as a one off. IMO, they do, and they do, and so I won't. YMMV.