FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review of PHENOMENAL North Island Seychelles: pros & cons (+ Youtube clip)
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:57 am
theLuxuryTravelExpert

Programs: SPG Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum Executive, LH Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by Epicura
What did you think of Maia? Relatively speaking of course, different league and different price tag than North Island.

And how would you compare North Island versus Laucala and Fregate?

Kind regards from the heart of Europe
I published a review of Maia on my travel blog (with Youtube clip as well). Hee you go:

Maia is the best resort on Mahe (better than the FS and the Banyan Tree). But it is also insanely expensive (2000 euros per night) and I feel it is not worth that very heavy price tag. The accommodations are awesome (with great infinity pools), but the beach is not the best in the Seychelles and food gets a bit boring after a couple of days. Maia offers a great experience, but not a truly memorable one, while I am still blown away by my stay at North Island (even more than 3 months after my stay).

I visited Fregate Island a couple of years ago. The island is also incredible beautiful, but the accommodations were not really impressive at the time. I believe they have upgraded the rooms/villas since then.