FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware of A320 "non-stop" transcons - added fuel stop makes it a 27 hour odyssey
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:31 am
outer marker

BOS-SJC has now required a fuel stop for 4 days in a row. Given that this isn't an isolated event, I would have expected Jet Blue to be more prepared.

What I find unforgivable is the lack of timely, accurate information presented to the passengers. If the flight needs to be diverted for fuel, tell people that on the website and on the text/email notifications rather than just at the gate before boarding. I did notice on subsequent days, the diverted flight plan showed up on flightaware well before any mention of the divert on jetblue's platforms. Does anyone know if there are any regulations about timely reporting of known diversions?

Once there was the divert and crew timed out, if JetBlue can't get a new crew I wish they would just tell passengers that so they can make decisions accordingly - rather than the creeping incrementally later incorrect departure times. And post the correct departure time on airport monitors and at the gate.

I also heard from a JetBlue supervisor that sysops did authorize hotel vouchers, but since the DEN staff couldn't accommodate all passengers in a couple of hotels they didn't give them out. The supervisor asked me, "what would you have done?" I suggested they should ask which pax wanted hotels vs. an extra $150 travel bank credit, and accommodate those that wanted hotels, even if they are scattered around all the DEN airport hotels. And give pillows/blankets to the rest.