FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:05 am
bison1847

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by henkybaby
No chance indeed. Maybe if you book a large number of future flights in good revenue classes along with it. Status match is a no go.

That throws a small monkey wrench in the works. If they wont match me it impacts the Qatar plan it by 0,75

I thought they would based upon the statusmatcher website.

http://statusmatcher.com/company/qatar-airways

I have KLM PLAT which I hope they would match to a lower class. Keep in mind there is still potentially the 4X promo though.

The main concern I have is that if I end up with Qatar Miles are they really that worth while, when I look at their distance based chart it seems pretty crappy compared to AA, but on the other hand its almost 3X the miles.

Anyone have a valuation on QMiles?

The other option is keep my AMS leg and don't ticket the other 2 and do a the First on Emirates run to HND or ICN, which would get me around 75K Alaska miles.

My goals here are to save up for next years trips and probably would do that to Asia or Aus from AMS.

I figure a Feb mileage run might be a nice way to break up the icy Amsterdam winter.