FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:59 am
bison1847

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
A little Advice is Apprieciated

Hey guys,

I put 3 flights on hold last night (from the festival) and I am trying to figure out if I should book these to QR or AA. As you see with AA there is a much lower credit ratio but even with last years devaluation the AA miles seem much more valuable.

I used 3,75 for the QR miles ratio as I think I can status match my KLM Plat to Gold and then get the 3X from the Promo. According to QR CSR you need to make sure your registered (they could do it on the phone as it didn't show up in my Promo list) and still get the 4X earning if booked this week. I used 3,75 to try and make it more cautious.

I also have a F CAI -BKK flight I booked last year (when the EGP price dropped big time) and a MH flight later this year.

As I think I am close to 75K plat for AA or Gold/Plat for QR what would you guys do? I don't really benefit from either status better one then the other.

What do you guys think. I made a table, and prices are in USD (for 1 adult 1 child but I am only calculating miles for adult) I know I could get some extra miles either as family plan for QR or normal earning on AA.
Attached Images