FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat cushion completely missing
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:13 am
AirNurse

Seat cushion completely missing

I think I have finally experienced the worst flight I can remember (after years of flying Delta Y, mind you!). My family flew LHR-LAX on 31Dec, and upon boarding my husband noted that there was something seriously wrong with his seat. His seat was completely missing the seat cushion! There was empty fabric velcroed to the metal underneath, but the cushion itself was mysteriously gone. We immediately flagged down our cabin crew member and she hemmed and hawed for a moment before grabbing her supervisor. Who handed us an extra blanket to sit on and shrugged. No apology, no note made, no further attempt to make him more comfortable. I was absolutely shocked and dismayed. My husband and I took turns sitting in the seat, whenever one of us went numb from sitting on hard metal with a bar jammed into our backsides -- the folded blanket did little to mitigate the discomfort, as that is not what a blanket is designed to do. It was miserable, and I can honestly say I have never been so uncomfortable on a flight, to the point of actually being in pain. 11+ hours of this, with two small children in tow. We spent so much time hopping up and down, neither of us could settle in to sleep, read, or even watch the IFE.

I wrote an email and received the expected canned response. I'm very disappointed -- I do not expect luxury in Y, but I do expect the bare minimum that you would get on Ryan Air or Southwest. Which includes a darn seat cushion!