FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hotel Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:51 am
frudd38

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I checked into the W Taipei on 30.Jun. I already knew that there was not going to be any suite upgrade (showed no availability online), which the check-in agent also confirmed. However, there were Cool Corner rooms available, so I asked to be upgraded into one of these. The agent originally agreed, but then said that I would not be granted late checkout because THE ROOM ALSO HAS TO BE AVAILABLE TOMORROW (i.e. no booking for tomorrow check in) BEFORE I COULD BE UPGRADED AND GRANTED THE LATE CHECKOUT. I have not heard of this policy before, so I argued with the agent for some minutes.

She then went into the Back Office and supposedly checked with her supervisor. Came back out and still denied the upgrade.

So, here we have the situation that the Cool Corner rooms are supposedly available for upgrades to Platinums (since the agent originally agreed), but I would be denied late checkout, which is a Platinum benefit. I asked her, what if I had BOOKED the Cool Corner room for tonight? Then, you would have had to confirm my 4pm late checkout for tomorrow, so her assertion that the room has to be available for tomorrow before late checkout can be granted is just bogus.

Am I missing something here?
Upgraded to Marvelous and was sent a letter the day prior to checkout that the 4pm late checkout would not be available because it was the only Twin in the hotel. I responded with a 2pm request and was still denied. They stated the benefit is only upon availability, not guaranteed. I didn't absolutely needed it so did not press it further, but seems a change of style here.