FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Emirates 2017 SPML challenge
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:22 am
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
The Emirates 2017 SPML challenge

eternaltransit has stated he would be trying every SPML on EK this year and I think that's an awesome idea and way of spicing things up. I thought why not make it a challenge, for those of us travelling in Y with nothing better to eat anyway. I'm sure m3red will be happy with his regular choices in F.

I'm going to start with the Vegetarian Oriental Meal next Monday morning on HYD-DXB, I haven't decided what to order yet for the DXB-CPT sector, I'm torn between the low-calorie option, the bland meal ("boiled meat") part doesn't sounds appetising, stock-standard lacto-ovo (used to be vegetarian and spent years eating these so...)... really quite a few options.

We can keep track in this thread of all the SPMLs tried and what they contain and how we'd rate them, I could see some being legitimate alternatives to the regular menu (Oriental veg? Yes please!). No seafood anymore as we know, which I don't mind, to be honest.

Perhaps we can also tally up the total SPMLs tried for each type! Thoughts? Anyone else going to participate? What do we give the winner (first to try all).