FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Up to 12,500 UA Miles for switching to NRG Power
Old Jan 7, 2017, 7:30 am
Z4fiend

Programs: BA, United, AA
Talking just got my 4th 10K bonus on AA thru NRG

Live in a one bedroom condo with my husband in NJ. After we receive each 10K, whoever is on the actual electric supplier's account "moves out" and the other one "moves in" under a their own account. (We each have our own account) Each time you move, in you're a new customer to your electric supplier and NRG and you're eligible for the 10K bonus. I takes about 4 months from the "move in" to the bonus, even though I registered for NRG right after the move in. For a one bedroom condo the electric bill is between $25 and $35 a month. Since the bill never went up past $35, I never checked how much the rates actually went up after the first two months with NRG. We do the move out as soon as the bonus posts. We're probably could move out sooner, as the other posts suggest but, but it's probably a couple of weeks and less than $10 that we're paying extra with the higher rates to NRG. There's a $14 account activation/start up fee with our electric supplier. The move out/move in is all done on line/don't have to call and speak to anybody. NRG just sends a letter: "We're sorry to see you go." $14/10000 = 0.0014 per mile so I think this is worth it. There is no interruption in your electric service.