FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Visconti Rome, Italy, [Master Thread]
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:20 pm
Medved

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by cksnipe
I just called into the platinum line to try to book 5 nights on points at this hotel, and the representative stated that for some reason she could not book the hotel. She called someone and came back saying that the hotel actually is changing to category 5, so I would not be able to book it until the category change is complete. I was hoping to book it at the 11,000 point per night rate for a deluxe room since it is still listed as category 4 (which the representative confirmed is the correct rate, except that she is unable to book it because it is suppressed). Has anyone encountered this before?
There is no availability for award nights for any dates. Rooms were available for September, Oct, etc. at 10K a couple months ago. This could be related to a delay in opening and indeed change in category. Opening already moved to Feb 1, could be June 1, Dec 1, who knows. 4Ps in Regina, Canada opened 5 years late ).