FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Portland Harborview, Portland, Maine [Master Thread]
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:21 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Just a quick update from a recent stay...

Breakfast vouchers are now a bit different. Still worth $32 per day but now the restaurant takes the voucher from you and you have to get a new one from the front desk each day. I don't know why they don't give you one for each day at check-in. It's a bit disorganized.

On New Year's Day the restaurant offered a brunch buffet instead of the usual breakfast menu. Not sure if that was a special holiday thing or if it's every Sunday. $16 for the cold part of the buffet, $8 more for the hot section. Wouldn't rival an Asian hotel breakfast buffet but reasonably good.

Upon check-out pay close attention to your bill. We visited Top of the East for 2 drinks one night but had two separate charges from the bar on our bill. The front desk agent was able to expand them and it turned out one was for $28 in drinks and $6 in tip, which is what I left, and then another was for $24 in drinks and $20 in tip. I don't know if it was an error, if someone else used our room number, or if a staff member at the bar was trying to give themselves a payday, but the very high tip makes the last one seem suspiciously likely. It was removed from the bill without too much hassle but still seems suspicious.