FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:08 am
SquarePeg

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by joshmo
Why would I get flagged by Chase? There system allowed me to lower my credit limit. I did nothing illegal and nothing that would violate anything in writing from Chase like a terms of service agreement. For all they know I lowered it just because I wanted to. Just used my knowledge of the law to my advantage like the big banks do as well. Maybe it will work again and maybe it won't, but worth a try to save $450. A billion dollar bank with a billion customers - I doubt they will even notice nor care.
Chase has a history of black listing people that they feel have gamed the system and getting off of that list has proved nearly impossible. I was just pointing out that, when you look at the big picture, saving $450 may not be worth it when you consider what a big player Chase is as far as cc bonus and points are concerned. If someone said to me I'll pay you $450 but there's a good chance that you can never get a Chase bonus or earn any Chase points again, I would turn it down. I've gotten a lot more than $450 from them and will get a lot more still but I view it as a marathon not a sprint.

As for being unnoticed, I think it would be relatively simple for them, when they decide that this hack is getting out of hand, to flag everyone with a CSR who has a credit limit below the required amount (whatever they determine that to be).

This is just my opinion of course and others will disagree. Each "sketchy" action in this game has a risk factor and each of us has to weigh the risk of getting caught against the benefit and determine our own individual comfort level.