FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:29 am
bodiddely

Originally Posted by GunneRy
I can't see the coding on my end (it's possible the reps can) but I had two different $200 AA Egift cards refunded by going exclusively through secure message.

When I called in, they denied a third Ecard because they said they could see it was a gift card.

My experience is that the SMs most likely go overseas and those reps don't care or can't see the gift card coding. When you call in, it's an American and they either do care or can see the gift card coding.
I got 3x $100 AA eGCs refunded in December (would make sure I got the credit before purchasing the next one). Two were over SM; on the third one the SM replied back asking for details of what the charge was for (I hadn't offered any explanation other than "$100 charge from American Airlines), so for that one I called in and asked when my statement closing date was, then mentioned could he reimburse my recent $100 AA charge, which he did no questions asked.

Currently waiting on my first $100 AA eGC for 2017 to post and then will SM again.