FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:47 am
patmcpsu

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Intercontinental Los Angeles Century City

Intercontinental Los Angeles Century City

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked an Executive Suite for two nights using a Weekend BOGO Voucher. Booked the base room for a 3rd night using points, as it was the only option.

About a week before my stay, I sent an e-mail asking "if it was possible to keep the same room throughout my stay" and offered to pay an upsell. The hotel responded by saying the Ambassador upgrade policy recently changed, and under the new policy, Executive Suites are the highest you can upgrade to. However, they grandfathered me under the old policy, so I got a free upgrade to a Premier suite and they offered a $200 upsell to keep the Premier Suite for the 3rd night, which I accepted.

How are the rooms?
The Premier Suite has a lot more space than an Executive Suite, but the quality of everything in it is the same. The only additional amenities I noticed were a 2nd sink in the bathroom and a 4-5 person dining table. Aside from that, I believe the only difference between the two is space.

How is the exec. lounge?
I don't believe there's a "lounge" but there is a VIP check-in area, which is very LA. I was able to check-in there as a Spire Ambassador.

What was good and what was bad?
GOOD
  • The complimentary town car is a Tesla, which was fun.
  • The hotel's common areas are impressive, with nice furniture and complimentary fruit-infused water throughout.
  • All the employees are friendly without seeming disingenuous.
  • Everything is well-maintained. The only imperfections I noticed was some scuffed wallpaper in the hallway.

BAD
  • The hotel's location isn't close to any tourist sites, but it's in a strategic location to Uber mostly everywhere without costing a fortune.
  • No free parking nearby, and the hotel charges $38/nt for valet.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
For being in LA, I believe you get more for your money than other hotels; just be sure to factor-in Uber fares when comparing. At 50k points/nt, it's a good redemption, but will be increasing to 60k in 10 days. This is a nice hotel, but probably not in the same league as most other 60k options.