FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX Routes with First Class?
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:31 am
Ausriver

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Yea, there a valid question about where the spare 77Hs will go if they come off ZRH, MXP and FRA etc. as rumored. So far, the rumors haven't come true except for DUS, which barely had 77H anyway.

One thinking I have is these old 77Ws (all 77H) need the longer form checks. The oldest is coming up on 10 years old. CX might need to roll some out of service for a while.

Another consideration is that CX will announce some 77H increased frequencies or new routes, if they follow through and remove more 77H from Europe. But..........one thing not to forget: in March, CX increases Boston to daily, effectively utilizing the 77H spare frame which came off DUS . I think CX really needs to cut another 77H service if they're to launch a new one. And of course, if they launch a new one, they'd have to explain why SYD....and not LHR, SFO, EWR, etc. wouldn't get it. LHR is running 77G to deal with slots don't forget. With the launch of LGW, it's not inconceiveable that CX could revert one of the 77G frequencies to LHR to 77H. Similar with SFO, EWR, etc. If CX were to go daily on the 3rd SFO flight, perhaps one of the other two goes to 77H. You get my point. F yields to Australia are tough, competition is fierce to that market, it's not a big market to begin with, and to top it off the flight isn't TOO long and 9 hours in CX J is certainly "good enough" even if not ideal.

The final consideration is maybe CX won't swap 77H off those Europe routes after all. In which case, when combined with the upcoming BOS service increase, there aren't spare 77H frames after all.

This question has popped up again and again over the last decade since CX started cutting F to Australia and NZ, and there just hasn't been any sign of reinstating it.

There must be enough reasons for SYD not to have F. SYD-HKG is my most frequent rout with CX and every time I fly, J class always seems full so I thought there might be enough demand for F. And if there is big demand for J and little demand for F in HKG-SYD, we DMs are most likely to be enjoying F at cost of J