FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Selecting seats on JAL when booked as AA codeshare
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:50 pm
etouffee

I bought code share at AA outbound from SAN to NRT operated by JL. Since the flight code is AA, it is not even shown in my fight reservation at JAL site. At AA website, the segment is shown up but not allowing to choose seat. Called JAL, the agent told me, the seat can only be assigned at AA. Called AA, the agent first pushed me to JL and later told me a middle seat was assigned to me and no other seat is available. She was willing to cancel the trip even I did not ask for ! What a terrible customer service. After the call, I can not see the seat assignment in my reservation.

Could I have your opinion how to check the seat availability on that JAL flight? When and where to reserve a seat for the share code segment? I used the same itenary months ago, bought ticket from chase with jal code, no problem to get a seat 72 hours before the trip. However the shared code seems no ownership from both airlines. Thank you all.