FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Documentation problem, family of 4 Involuntarily Denied Boarding
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:41 am
Psyduck1

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by denizenxix
We didn't spend anything on new tickets to JNB; VS got on the phone with DL Atlanta and they managed to get us on VS601 LHR - JNB the following day. We called SAA and were able to change our tickets from JNB to HRE for about $250 and there were no issues encountered on our return trip.

The day of boarding denial, VS put us up at an airport hotel at LHR and gave us some shuttle bus and meal vouchers; we were on our way to HRE the following day. I'm grateful for the way VS stepped in and enabled us to continue our journey but isn't DL/VS willingness to rectify the situation in a way an admission of "guilt"? If we truly erred couldn't they simply have said you screwed up and our only responsibility now is to get you back to JFK?
How did VS get involved? Did Delta initiate the communication or did you seek them out on your own? I'm surprised VS would do this without Delta asking them to, although I honestly don't know much about how the DL/AS partnership works. Either way that's awesome.