FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An $71 night at an HI two blocks from Columbus Circle!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:43 pm
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
A $71 night at an HI two blocks from Columbus Circle!

This must be the most amazing NYC hotel rate in decades. The HI on W 57th Street has an advance booking rate of $71 and a flexible "Your Rate" at $78 on nights during the third week of January. Rates under $100 are available through much of the month and into early February.

I stayed here a couple of years ago and while it's certainly not the greatest HI, it's quite acceptable and centrally located. (And you might run into Joe Scarborough and company at the lobby bar.) When I stayed there had a room across from the manager's residential suite and met him in the hallway and shared the elevator with him. Very unusual for a hotel manager, not business school or business suit type at all, he was dressed in cargo pants and safari shirt...quite a world traveler too and his office (which could be seen from the street) was cluttered with an odd array of souvenirs: African masks and spears among other similar items collected on his travels.

Just curious why such a low rate when other IHG properties on Manhattan are all $200+ during the same week? If I didn't have an early flight ex-JFK I'd stay there instead of at the HIX by the airport.

Last edited by Shareholder; Jan 3, 2017 at 10:18 pm