FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What will be your Plan B now that CP from parterns not available
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:07 am
lexdevil

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Unless I am missing something, $40k spend on Southwest tickets should get you CP easily (unless you aren't the one doing the flying).
I'm not the only one doing the flying. I tend to make 10-15 RTs on Southwest each year, but I am usually traveling with groups for whom I purchase all of the tickets. I only just got the Southwest card in May, and with the bonus and putting all Southwest purchases on it, I earned CP in November.

Before we get too far into 2017, I need to look at my likely travel for the year to see if I can earn CP again without the card signup bonus, but with a full year's worth of ticket purchases. I also have to figure out how much the CP is really worth to me. I travel quite a bit for work, and only take a few trips with my husband each year. As a result, it's unclear whether the CP is really more valuable to me than just taking the 3x UR points on all of that Southwest spend.