FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suspicious Activity Reports to the IRS when buying or depositing money orders.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:51 am
Mountain Trader

Originally Posted by cheaptimesharetraveler
Hey, a familiar name. I am rickandcind23 on TUG. Are you the same one I know from TUG?

With the local Kroger being stinkier about MO's, though it is still working, we are thinking of trying WM for the future. We only plan to do $8K per month, however. And if it works at WM, I will write a letter to Kroger to let them know they lost my grocery business.

I went to WM for shopping with Bluebird working very well for a long time. Then BB was shut down for both of us in one fell swoop. We were doing $5K per month each.

Kroger sold us our MO's, so we were shopping there exclusively. They will lose our business, but doubtful that they care about one customer. I wish more people were letter writers.

I would like to just let Kroger know that our MS is not something villainous or sleazy, it's just a way to build miles. Now the buying of MO's with CASH is something else altogether here in Colorado. With pot being sold as a cash-only product, the entire chain of profits is all cash, so selling money orders with cash is more suspicious, by far, than buying them with gift cards. The gift cards are purchased with credit cards, therefore there is a money trail.

Also, cash in your pocket could mean you are working for cash, which means it's not trackable. So how is that okay?
As a fellow Coloradan, I am as disappointed as anyone that the Kroger ride didn't last longer. However, I am not bitter as they still have more liberal rules on some of this activity than other supermarkets, and I imagine the weight of all the MS and other money transfer activity just got to be too much.

Remember, this is just a convenience these stores provide to encourage you to shop, like renting crutches free (or at least cheap), and handling utility payments.

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Jan 3, 2017 at 10:18 am