FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:25 am
bergamini

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Silvercar was $150 more for the week. Plus I had $200 in certificates from an incident at an HLE in Chicago where the Hertz garage attendant (an ex-con) told me to "get the hell out of the car" and went on a tirade against me because he thought I was ignoring him. I did record it (as did other customers) and I believe he was fired, but that sort of sums up my year with Hertz. Actually years. I'm tired of complaining because I have no doubts that they flag my account but this "Ultimate Choice" is probably it for me.

My last few years with Hertz? No upgrades, cars have more mileage, getting threatened to be charged with felony auto theft on Christmas Eve 2015 because PHX station didn't properly return vehicle in system and I had gone to Tobago and kept my phone off, being forced to pay an upgrade fee to get an SUV when I had reserved a full-size and all they had were intermediate at the MSN station, having a garage attendant go off on me because he apparently thought he was still in prison and I wasn't respecting him properly, to the point others were scared and started recording (all because I didn't hear him behind metell me where to park and I parked 15 feet away) and I actually could go on.

I'm not a difficult customer/person at all. I've lodged zero complaints against Delta and Marriott in that same time frame and spent much more time on flights and hotels than cars. Hertz just can't do it right and calling old cars that are broken down and not properly showing the price of upgrades and calling this an "Ultimate Choice" is a joke. With my down time on vacation, I applied for Emerald Club. Let's see how that goes in 2017.

I should have taken one of the E 63 sedans for (what I found out later) was the $25/day upgrade fee. I'm taking delivery of a fairly base model 2017 GLC 300 4Matic when I return and it would be nice to see what a really fancy Mercedes is like. OTOH, this Elantra will make me appreciate my new vehicle even more