FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:18 pm
Sykes

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by cakiwi
Splitting hairs. Your membership fee is for shuttles. And access to empty legs. Empty legs are by definition being repositioned and if you ever get on a single one, via JetSmarter you should count yourself lucky.... To imply the value of membership diminishes if you don't confirm on them implies your membership basis was for empty legs (some or all of it....). Which other company offers you an ability to access multiple operator empty repositioning flights at no incremental cost?
Many here signed up before shuttles were available--for a good while, their only offering was empty legs--and as recently as July they offered a membership that consisted solely of empty legs. A good number of us still consider the empty legs to be the primary value--I personally much prefer a spontaneous adventure on an empty leg to cramming myself knee-to-knee 12-tight in a G IV. I only consider shuttles to be icing on the cake. The vast majority of people I run into on empty leg flights rarely fly shuttles.

We each value different aspects of the service differently. I'd happily give up shuttles for more reliable empty legs if the exchange enabled more reliable empty legs, but obviously that isn't something that they can actually offer.