FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:10 pm
T-15.01

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by millions
Oh, they were free? I actually had to pay initiation and membership fees.
Splitting hairs. I view JS membership fee as being for shuttles, which confirm in some cases months in advance, immediately. You can say membership (and therefore the associated costs) also should 'guarantee' and instantly or latterly confirm seats on empty legs, that JS gives you access to see, but I think that's drawing a long bow. Empty legs rarely instantly confirm, if they confirm at all, they are by nature last minute, and extreme caution should be used when 'requesting' a seat or seats on such repositioning aircraft. I count myself lucky to ever get confirmed on a single one of these and figure it enhances my membership value, rather than seeing an empty I have requested that doesn't eventuate as taking away value from my membership. The old 'social' membership which was ultimately pitched at those who wanted only empty leg access might have been more up your alley? Or even better, a founders card membership which gives 3 months access to 1 seat empty leg access on JS is even better! Do you know of any other company that offers you an ability to access multiple operator empty repositioning flights at no incremental cost to your existing membership with them?

Last edited by T-15.01; Dec 31, 2016 at 7:28 pm Reason: .