FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Updates to Delta Sky Club membership Options
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:08 pm
dinanm3atl

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BenA
There are a couple of times in IROPS that access to the rebooking agents in the Sky Club has saved my bacon. I tend to agree that the club itself isn't worthwhile just for drinks and snacks - but the rebooking assistance can pay for the membership pretty quickly in the right set of circumstances.

I'm glad DL offers this service. Due to union contracts, AS does not and Board Room attendants can't touch reservations - and their product suffers dearly for it.
Yes. This 100%.

When the 'computer crash' of Aug 16 happened I got the details outside of the delays. I was told it was hours delayed and currently estimated at whatever they said. 3+ hours. I did curbside check-in as I had a work bag to check. The interior line for regular travelers was out the door. The Sky Priority was 1/2 as long. Still LONG line.

Went to SkyClub at MKE with a colleague. Within 10min I had the following accomplished.

-Moved to 2 flights earlier(current delayed departure was minutes from my flight)
-Moved my bag over to this flight
-Confirmed FC on the new flight

Major benefit to me is I use the SFO SkyClub's showers before a redeye multiple times a year. I put high value in just that. Grab some food. Take a shower. Board my plane. I work outside as a photographer and this is beyond 'worth it' for me after 8 hours in the sun in Monterey and I am sweaty and gross.

That was just one example that was a benefit. Add in the drinks, foods and more. I traveled with my 2yr old with my wife and went to SlyClub earlier than I normally would if traveling alone based on daughter's nap time. Having her there with access to breakfast and a quiet corner was FAR better than T Concourse of ATL.

Understand it doesn't work for everyone.