FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grand Salzburg, Austria [Master Thread]
Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:51 pm
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Sheraton Salzburg FLAWLESS mini report & transport from SZG 4/25/04

Arrived into SZG from VIE on Austrian/Tyrolean. Donīt expect much on this flight or SZG. Arrive into SZG on tarmack to rain/drizzle and a walk to the terminal. From SZG I took a cab since today parts of the city were closed for a marathon. The driver got me to the Hotel. Not cheap. You can also take a bus from SZG which the pick-up spot is by the parking garage. It takes to you the hbf. From there others have suggested a bus towards the river or you can cab it. I noted the station and it would be a serious walk with luggage to the Hotel.

I prepaid for this stay. It was available using cash and points. I knew ahead of time on spg.com that I had a upgrade to a junior suite. Frommers describes this Hotel as a jewel in the Sheraton folio. It is. Warmly greeted upon arrival. Upgraded to non-smoke, junior suite with king bed facing park. Perfect. High floor number five of six. Offered amenity. The card does NOT have the point option. So I am stuck picking 10 euros of mini bar stuff. Just what I need to be carrying back.

The Hotel and room is spotless in every sense of the word. Nothing out of place. The junior suite is a good size. It wraps around the stairwell. So a long hall takes you past your toilet/bathroom. Great wall coverings. The living area opens to note two large windows facing the park. The living room area and bed area are separated by a mini-bar, tv cradenza which allows the tv to shift towards the bed area also. The bathroom is large with floor to ceiling tile. Nice tub. The view onto the park is nice.

From this location you are a very short nice walk to the old city. I enjoyed a morning and afternoon there. Returned for dinner. It is a Sunday so I found no retail shops open. I highly recommend this Hotel. I perfect stay so far. Turndown service. Chocolate and fresh roses for the bathroom. Internet is dial-up like in VIE. 14 cents per minute. Regards from SZG.