FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:49 am
rollthere

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
Originally Posted by qazw1
If you click on the little question mark symbol next to the awards, it will show you the couple of cities that the U.S. Transcontinental applies to. What puzzles me is what disadvantages the BXTA have over the BX1A. It seems BXTA is more flexible. I try talking to an agent about this, but it was hopeless.
I just redeemed points for the very first time after having them expire in years past! I have two simple questions (I think) regarding the BX1A that I redeemed. First, I put a name in the "presented to" box to give to a friend of mine. What if he can't use it or wants to use it for his girlfriend, does it matter that his name is in the box or do they only need the code?

Second, can that award be used on MIA-LAX which is a transcon even though the BXTA is meant for transcons? Should I have given him a BXTA instead so that he could use that from Miami anywhere?

I tried clicking on the little question marks but I didn't get any cities displayed. Can I redeposit an award tomorrow and have them reissue a different award on the same day? Especially since tomorrow is December 31!