FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which DEN Club? B East B44 Club Fly B60 & A West A25; B West B32 closed to ‘25
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:59 am
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by stefan76
I flew through Denver last week and visited the Club by the B20 gate. I grabbed a piece of banana bread only to realize that it was still frozen, and I mean rock hard, you could still see the ice on it.
I brought the piece to the United staff on the upper level and showed them the frozen bread. A woman with a red jacket, I assume she had some sort of power, apologized profusely, and went to talk to the staff. She ordered them to remove the frozen bread and also told them that if the bread was frozen that it should not be put out.
The lazy staff laughed once she turned around and all they did is take about 4 slices of the bread, put it in the toaster and then put it back in the tray.

When I left, I mentioned this to the club check in staff, and she immediately picked up the phone. I was in a rush so I could not wait.

I was not complaining, I was more surprised and disturbed by the complete lack of respect for their supervisor....
The United staff in either club has always helped me if needed, but the bar staff can be hit or miss. Most if not all know me by name, but service has room for improvement IMO. I'm most annoyed by the bar tv being tuned to some daytime soap opera. Maybe that is great for the staff, but most if not all guests, would prefer a news network.