FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 8: Free hotel/tour/cruise when connecting at IST
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:50 pm
boosh

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by danger
The flight from TLL arrived at a remote bay about 45 minutes late, reducing the layover time to a little over seven hours. I enquired at the lounge about a day room and was told I was entitled to a hotel, nothing else. I told the agent the inbound was delayed and she told me it didn't matter; eligibility remains the same even if the layover time is reduced. So, essentially, if you originally had a seven plus hour layover and through a delay that's reduced to between four and seven hours, you're still expected to avail yourself of the hotel. No day room for you.

The airport hotel wanted an extortionate EUR139 for three to six hours. My guess they're killing the pig.

I'm not prepared to pay USD60-odd for a visa for a few hours and therefore be shown on Immigration systems as having entered Turkey. Been there, done that.

I also agree with the member above who noted the appalling lack of signage at the airport.

Right now I'm sitting downstairs in the lounge where a girl of about eight years of age has started playing some pretty decent tunes on the piano.
Did you inquire at the lounge front desk upstairs weather they would put you up at the airside hotel? There have been rumors of them doing it but nothing confirmed as far as I understand. As for the day rooms, you are not missing out on much in my opinion, they can get quite noisy and are not all that relaxing.