FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:56 am
qazw1

Originally Posted by miles4sheli
Hi,

I have a quick question regarding the redemption of BX1A or BXTA (PlanAAhead or AAnytime Awards in Coach for US Within North America). I called and was told the following:

To fly into one city (e.g., ORD-Portland) and then home from another (e.g., San Diego-ORD) is possible using these tickets.

They told me flying into Vancouver but home from San Diego would NOT be possible (due to 2 different countries, even though the ticket is for North America).

I was also told "including US Transcontinental" applies only to flight to/from NYC to California.

In the past, I have been told inaccurate information and then been put in a bind later when I go to get the ticket, so before I redeem an award I want to confirm that the above information is correct.

THANKS!
If you click on the little question mark symbol next to the awards, it will show you the couple of cities that the U.S. Transcontinental applies to. What puzzles me is what disadvantages the BXTA have over the BX1A. It seems BXTA is more flexible. I try talking to an agent about this, but it was hopeless.