FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Essex House, New York City (Manhattan) [Master Thread]
Old Dec 29, 2016, 5:40 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Vince Chan
"It was our anniversary and they delivered a small complimentary bottle of champagne and with chocolate covered strawberries about 30 minutes after we arrived. "

I had read information like this a dozen time, I am just curious, how the hotel would know that this stay is for anniversary or birthday, and they would deliver some complimentary cake or something. Do you need to mention this when you check in? Or specifically told the hotel that this stay is for special ? Would that be a little pretentious to expect for something from other people?
Some people have a note added to the reservation at time of booking or otherwise. Sometimes some people inform the front desk over the phone or in person before, at or after check-in. The person telling the hotel about a special occasion doesn't even need to be a hotel guest.

I've had hotels that noted from my ID that I was there during my birthday. I've also had others inform the hotel without me mentioning it to the hotel.