FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Do 2017 BRW Summer Solstice under the Midnight Sun [June 20-23, 2017]
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:48 pm
BOB W

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by CDKing
I had a Phone conversation with Seat 2A yesterday and he agreed. Actually he's going to be in LA in early February and i'm there on the B6 BOS-LAX $130RT deal so I'll pick his brain some more.

I just went online to book and they have updated the schedule to be more friendly. I get in around noon and take the 1pm shuttle to Eielson gets back at 10PM to head to get to the "hotel" before the 11:30 PM check in cut off. Then go out on the first bus of the day at 5:15 am for wonder lake bus and just not go that far should it not be a nice clear day. Head back to ANC on the 19th for the morning flight to BRW on the 20th.
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Agreed. Mid week is tough for those of us on a traditional M-F work schedule.

There is enough time for a brief visit, but you have to take the first bus. Actually, if she is out, however, you're better off getting off the bus at the junction with the Kantishna road and walking for a bit for amazing photo ops at "reflection pond". Can walk out to reflection pond and make it back on the same wonder lake bus if that's your desire. The area of wonder lake that the bus goes to isn't ideally situated for pictures with a Denali reflection - facing the wrong direction.
What does any of this have to do with the BRW DO?