FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Updates to Delta Sky Club membership Options
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:07 am
BenA

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dovster
In 2009 I started flying in Biz Class for all of my trips. This gives me Lounge access on all flights to/from TLV and the only time I so not have it is when I have a stop over on a domestic flight and did not/will not fly international on the same day.

It is very rare that I spend more than 15 minutes in a lounge on any particular day, I generally just stop in to grab a free Coke and perhaps some cookies, This is true for all airlines (except in those rare places where the lounge has a smoking room, in which case I am apt to make return visits).

The only exception is when I have a very long connection in ATL, or must check out of my hotel long before my flight. In that case, I try to get to each SkyClub in the airport for a rum & Coke.

To tell the truth, if this was not given to me for flying Biz, I would not spend a single cent for lounge access. I can get better drinks, and far superior food, in almost any airport in the world for much less money. I really can't understand why anyone would fork out the big bucks for a year's membership.
There are a couple of times in IROPS that access to the rebooking agents in the Sky Club has saved my bacon. I tend to agree that the club itself isn't worthwhile just for drinks and snacks - but the rebooking assistance can pay for the membership pretty quickly in the right set of circumstances.

I'm glad DL offers this service. Due to union contracts, AS does not and Board Room attendants can't touch reservations - and their product suffers dearly for it.